Saturday, December 13, 2008

Santa Claus is coming to town! And here I am on the 13th of December with the trees up, but no decorations yet. The kids have list, but no shopping started. I haven't even
bought Christmas Cards! Let's just say I haven't been living up to traditions very well this year. I haven't even dug out the CD collection of various winter wonderland tunes and played them constantly since the table was cleared at Thanksgiving. This just may be the year that the memory I create is of Mom trying to pull off a spectacular holiday in two days. The problem is I KNOW I need to kick into gear and DO something. Maybe I can hit the mall this week and see if Santa has a moment for a kid at heart to sit on his lap. Hmmm, what could I ask for? I wonder if he'd lend me one of those elves for a few weeks? Maybe he could lay a finger aside of his nose and my house would magically be spotless and the stockings would all get hung by the chimney with care.
What ever Santa brings, my hope is that I can still find a glimpse of childlike wonder on the kids faces this year. THAT is MY favorite thing of all about this season...that look you see when you know someone is feeling it inside. Could be from the perfect gift they wanted, watching Charlie Brown Christmas or getting to be the one who puts the star on top of the tree...simple memories that create ongoing traditions.

No comments: