Friday, March 27, 2009

Flowers are the earth's Amen!

With a few warm days behind us, my mind drifts into a field of flowers as I anticipate spring. Today while driving down the road, I spotted a small blanket of wild violets creeping along the floor of a wooded area. My heart jumped with joy! I love flowers; it's probably the most "girlie" thing about me.
The detail of a flower simply fascinates me. It is so intricate, both huge and small at the same time. Please take the time to visit this website and behold the amazement of a simple flower:



One of my favorite things to paint are flowers, but an artist can not do justice to what God has placed on this earth.
One of my favorite sayings goes like this:

"If I love each budding tree, each flower petal, bud and stem, then how much more I should revere the God which has created them."

My hope is that your heart too is stirred by the miracle of a simple plant.

No comments: