Friday, August 15, 2008

August 15th

What a week!

Tuesday was the contractor open house at Indy's new Lucas Oil Stadium. This stadium has been a long time coming for us Hoosiers who love our Colts (and Marching Band competitions). WOW! Lucas Oil Stadium is just a wonder. I've loved watching it grow in the city's skyscape as I would drive past on my commute to work, but to go inside and see the finished product was just amazing. And that floor in the North entrance...gorgeous!

Spent time not feeling well this week and ended up at the doctor office to make sure I didn't have some horrible, fatal disease. I'd had some sort of "spell" the other morning and truly thought about calling 911. Very scary. I have had similar spells, although rarely, since I was young, but never this severe or as long lasting. Anyway, apparently everyone of us will have one of these spells in our lifetime, although people who are prone to them will have them periodically throughout their entire life. I am posting a link for you to read about this if you have ever had sudden dizziness, turn white, break out in a sweat, ringing in ears and nausea together as symptoms. I didn't pass out, just a darkening of my peripheral vision, but fainting is common. I can't explain how scary this was, but now that I know about it and realize how common and harmless it is...well, not scared anymore. Here's a link if any of you have ever had these symptoms... Vasovagal syncope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We also have a birthday girl this week! Ms. Lyn turns 20 in a few days, and plans on celebrating with a sushi dinner & friends. I remember her first birthday so well. Every now and then I would love to spend one more day with that little one year old. My Aunt Brenda sent me a dozen pink roses that day. I hope I remember to do the same thing for Lyndsay on her daughters first birthday.

Emily came home from her first day of school with enough homework to keep her up past midnight. Junior year is off to a great start. I did get to go watch practice today for a bit. The band sounds wonderful and the guard looks beautiful. First football game performance has been cancelled so it will be a few more weeks before I'll get to see her on the field.

Nate has been applying for jobs everywhere. Poor kid needs a job to get a car, needs a car to get a job...

Mark is doing great and has spent most of the week cheering on team USA in the Olympics.
It's been exciting to see the events each night, but we've all stayed up too late watching.
Thank God for weekends and hopefully a lot of rest and relaxation.

1 comment:

Mr. & Mrs. Meow said...

Great post! Congrats on the stadium floor, but sorry to hear about your spells. Could it be low blood sugar? I have had some of the symptoms you described but found out it was associated with hypoglycemia. Changing my diet has fixed it for the most part. oh... and tell Lindsay Happy Birthday for us!!! Take care... Byron (and Rebeca says hi!)