Friday, September 26, 2008

Remember me!

What a great week! The weather has been picture perfect all week, and now we all look forward as that crisp autum air begins to creep in. I also got to take Mark to the Colts game last Sunday and even though we didn't win we had a blast! Marshall Thundering Herd Marching Band played at halftime, which was a nice surprise. If you don't want to read all my jibberish... keep scrolling: there are a few new pictures posted.

Today, I had to take the written driving test to re-new my drivers license. (whew, I passed) It has been about five years since I've lived in Missouri, but I had such a great license picture, I just never re-newed them when I got back to Indy. Yea, I know, technically your supposed to do that within 30 days of moving to a state. How often in ones life is their license picture actually good?? Well, my luck with the picture certainly didn't transfer to my new license but at least now I'm officially (legally) a Hoosier driver.

Lyndsay started a second job this week at Einstein Bagel and Nathan starts at a pizza place on Tuesday. I hope this means I can actually start saving a little pocket change now.

Emily has been working hard in school and has two competitions tomorrow. That means a 7:00am Saturday to 1:00am Sunday for her. Sure wish I still had that energy in me!

Speaking of Emily, she share a paper she had written in school with me this week and it just knocked my socks off. It was titled "Life After Death" and was about her dealing with her Papaw's death. It was so insightful (as the "baby" of the family I forget how mature she can be). Dad was buried with a letter from Emily. She didn't let anyone read it but in her paper she talks about the comfort writing that letter brought to her. She was able to say what she needed to say but didn't have time. It was simply beautiful.

After I read her paper we talked about how quickly we lose people and how we take each other for granted without meaning to. Stop and think...what would you say to the people around you now if this was the last time you talked with them? What legacy are you leaving?

Let's all try to make good memories. Those memories are your legacy and how thankful we are, that along with the tears, we said goodbye to Dad with a lot of fond memories and laughter too.

No comments: