Friday, October 31, 2008

May the Best Man Win

TGIF! I have looked forward to this weekend since last Sunday. THIS is State Finals weekend for Indiana State Marching Band and Lawrence Central is looking FANTASTIC (of course so is Carmel, Avon, Homestead, etc...). This is an exciting year for LC and Emily is getting a little sad that she only has three more weekends to perform this show. I will try to get pictures and post them on Sunday.

We had two birthdays this week...Lola turned 2 on Thursday and Mark on the 27th inched closer and closer to the big 5-0.

Nathan has been getting more and more hours and is apparently a pizza pro. He does cook for us occasionally, has for years, and he DOES make the best homemade pizza I've every had. My favorite dish he ever cooked for us is Roasted Red Pepper soup. Now I'm not a fan of the red pepper, any pepper really, but this stuff was so good I wanted to take a bath in it!

Lyndsay is working hard with her two jobs. She has to be at work before I even get out of bed some mornings. I guess that's the price you pay for providing the best bagels in town.
Actually, "work is the price you pay for money". (another of my "favorite sayings" for those of you who remember THAT post) She is still hunting and gathering items for her apartment and we are making plans behind her back about all the things we can do with the extra space she will leave behind.

So that's the family update. We all look forward to Tuesday. Regardless of the outcome; there will be both happy and disappointment in our household. I will say that this election (and having a mixed bag of ideas in our home) has forced all of us to keep an open mind, debate with civility and not listen to the news for our news!

No comments: